ISS or Search

Thames Pirate

Re: ISS or Search

Post by Thames Pirate »

All three are lovely cities, though Vienna is my personal favorite.
booboo14

Re: ISS or Search

Post by booboo14 »

For me personally Search was useless. Perhaps it was my personal situation at play somewhat. For me the schools on Tie were essentially the same as on search. My search advisor was useless and clearly just out to feather his nest. In the end I found an awesome job posted on a free board.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@booboo14

Premium agencies can add value if you have a very broad search and want some of the convenience in having a portion of ISs and their vacancies easily accessible. The best value is having the convenience of having your confidential references easily available (although you can do this on TIE as well), and having access to fairs, assuming your F2F social game is strong.
However, the agency concept is an outdated model from a decades past reality without an internet. As technology has gotten more user friendly and available (remember when face time was first a thing), agencies dont do much anymore, the vast majority of the tasking is essentially keep the web site and database running. There isnt any skill or expertise in the tasking and job anymore. The agencies exist because the recruiters want them, for whatever they provide (even if its just an excuse to take a trip to a fair), when the agencies dont serve a purpose or need of recruiters anymore they will evolve into something else, or disappear.