US college student thinking of teaching abroad

stormageddon

Re: US college student thinking of teaching abroad

Post by stormageddon »

@PsyGuy -
At this point, I don't see getting a science endorsement as a viable option for me. (Multiple reasons - each one I could maybe work with, but together I'm thinking I'm going to pass.) I'll definitely consider it in the future, but probably not in time for it to help me with getting my first job. Hopefully I'll still be able to find a job! At least math is probably less competitive than some other subject areas.

The TA positions that I'm looking at specify that I would actually be working with the teacher to plan and give the lessons, as well as assessing students, assigning work, and supervising students. (I actually just realized the one I'm looking at the most lists the opportunity as middle school teaching, not a teaching assistant. The other one lists it as a TA position, but reading the description, it really does seem like I would learn a lot.) Since I'm leaning away from getting certified in science, it would probably be better than my other summer ideas, anyway.

I'll keep in mind about rural China being better as far as air quality goes. I didn't think about that. Thanks for the tip and all the other information!