UNI Overseas Fact Sheet Book

Teach1010

UNI Overseas Fact Sheet Book

Post by Teach1010 »

This resource is available to attendees of the UNI Fair but it is also available for anyone to purchase for $30. Could anyone who has it comment on what type of info is included in it? Does it include specific package info or anything that I couldn't already find on the school's website or ISR or ISC?
martalin

Re: UNI Overseas Fact Sheet Book

Post by martalin »

the fact pages include:

-school profile: enrollment breakdown, staff breakdown, degrees offered (US IB AP Other)
-salary and benefits: terms of contract, salary range, salary deductions, percentage that one may save, benefits (housing, insurance, transportation, baggage, additional)
-candidate profile: requirements and preferred requirements
-hiring restrictions: "we can hire only_____"

following that there is a brief blurb about the school and its mission.
Rosie138

Post by Rosie138 »

Definitely worth the 30 bucks.
Teach1010

Post by Teach1010 »

I bought it, and I agree! My only complaint is there are few schools that were on their list of fair attendees that were not included. I feel like between that, ISC and ISR I can piece together what the salary and culture of most of the schools I'm interested in would be like.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

It depends what you want the book for, if you want a quick summary of what the ISs leadership reported in one place without going to the various websites than it may be worth $30 to you. Understand that this is all self reported, the IS has an interest in presenting their IS is the most positive light.
If your trying to piece together what their salary scale is its not going to matter much, as your going to be offered what youre going to get offered.