What did/do you do with your mail?

kleikm

What did/do you do with your mail?

Post by kleikm »

What did you do with your mail while living overseas? I saw online a few mail companies that advertise receiving, scanning, and posting it for you to view and then letting you decide what to keep or what to shred with the click of the button. Any personal experiences with such companies?
BRMC

Re: What did/do you do with your mail?

Post by BRMC »

We use one of those services and quite like it. Very easy to use and quick turnaround. The scan option is very helpful as you can see if something is important fairly quickly (usually done within 24 hours). We've had them ship important correspondence to China using UPS first-class and FedEx. It's all made it so far.
twoteachers

Post by twoteachers »

It goes to my mother. We Skype and go through the crap to throw away. She scans pics of important stuff, and anything that needs keeping, she gives me over the summer. It helps to have a US address on file too that isn't a PO box. I pay all my bills online except those companies that live in the dark ages...
kleikm

Post by kleikm »

@BRMC - what company do you use - if you don't mind sharing? I found a few different ones online. Thank you.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I used to use Traveling Mailbox, but it wasnt worth it for long. If you change all your important mail to your international address with those companies they can take care of the added postage, and everything else important can likely be done online now. Even magazines likely have an online digital version (and you should check your local library and se eif they have a service that provides digital magazines for checkout). About the only thing I get physically now is holiday cards.
BRMC

Post by BRMC »

kleikm wrote:
> @BRMC - what company do you use - <

We use Traveling Mailbox.