International Schools in Chiang Mai

intlteacher

International Schools in Chiang Mai

Post by intlteacher »

Hi,

I've heard varying and inconsistent accounts about international schools in Chiang Mai. For a 5th year teacher overseas (and with a masters), can anyone recommend which schools to look at? I've heard that pay is significantly lower than in Bangkok except for perhaps Prem. Can anyone tell me the general payscale one would be looking at? How is American Pacific IS?

Thanks ahead of time!!!
Saiyara

Post by Saiyara »

Back around 2004, the International School of Chiang Mai was paying $1000.00 US per month. Of course, that was more than enough to live on but if you wanted to save or pay off loans, I think it would be quite difficult. Chiang Mai is terrific little town, though. Also, it is Christian affiliated and I don't think they pay for your housing. Housing is extremely inexpensive there, however.
educator

Post by educator »

Really, only one worth even thinking about from a teacher's perspective; Premcenter. The others in the area pay approximately half of what PC gives teachers. PC is also the only one worth seriously considering for future reference on your resume. American Pacific may be worth considering if PC doesn't work out for you. Both have significant boarding duties.