Open Spanish Positions

elvato

Open Spanish Positions

Post by elvato »

Hello Fellow contributors,

I am looking for some help or advice. I am a Spanish teacher from the states w/10+yrs. experience, some in IB/MYP (fluent in English and Spanish) I have a B.S in k-12 Spanish & a M.S in Educ. Leadership. I have been reading through the paid reviews, and somewhat going by some of the more serious/non-bias posts, should I just apply directly to the school? or join ISS/SA?
Lastly, does anyone know of any Spanish teacher openings? I have looked everywhere.
Thanks in advance!
Afouch

Re: Open Spanish Positions

Post by Afouch »

I saw that Singapore American School has a middle school Spanish position right now.

We are trying to figure out if it worth paying as well. Figured we would do our own applying this year and if we need to next year join Search or ISS.

Good luck!
elvato

Post by elvato »

Hey, thank you for the response, I 'll look into that one. I was trying avoid the fee, but if I have to, I guess it is the way to go from what I have read. Good luck with your search!
marieh

Post by marieh »

Have you looked on TIE? I see 31 foreign language positions posted, and it looks like most of those are for Spanish. Schools are in China, Kuwait, Pakistan, the UAE, Turkey, and a few other random locations. I'd start your search there.
elvato

Post by elvato »

Thank you marieh, I was not too familiar with TIE, but yes, 31 positions. For some odd reason, I thought TIE was free got all excited. I did find a promo code, I think I 'll just see what happens, they don't seem as expensive as the others. Best of luck with your search.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

At this stage in IE recruiting I would pass on a premium agency. TIE is not free, but the fee is very manageable, compared to the premium agencies. I would use a combination of TIE ($40) and TES (Free) as well as COIS which has a similar application process to the premium agencies but is also free. Between the three you can determine your marketability and if a fair is going to offer you utility.
elvato

Post by elvato »

Hey PsyGuy,

Thanks for the information, I just signed up with TIE, very reasonable for what you get ($39). I was unaware about TES and COIS, which I am going to do now. You guys are all helpful with great contributions to the forum.