Schools on Compounds

Teach1010

Schools on Compounds

Post by Teach1010 »

Does anyone know of some schools with compound housing outside of Saudi? The only one I've found is Riffa Views in Bahrain. I believe part of the confusion is that they don't always refer to it as a "compound" since that might not sound very appealing. Riffa Views is a "gated golf course community."
shadowjack

Re: Schools on Compounds

Post by shadowjack »

Not really. There are some QP schools in Qatar similar, not that I'd ever want to work at one. Riffa Views is outside the main part and away from protests.I once applied there but no luck.
sid

Post by sid »

There are schools which provide housing within compounds, but the schools do not own those compounds, they just lease apartments or villas. Few schools own their own outside of Saudi, but some do.
PIEGUY

Post by PIEGUY »

Bilkent College, Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
Vernacular

Post by Vernacular »

Prem Tinsulanonda International School, Chiang Mai.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

There are several, depending on how you define a compound. As far as those you find in the ME and the Kingdom, you can find those in parts of Asia (IE.. Indonesia) with various mining company projects. You will also find various enclaves and communities that a small IS is situated in, these are often more affluent communities, provide access to common amenities and retail options, they typically have a central management and security service. You may also consider that a boarding IS is a secluded region could easily be described as a compound.
mamava

Post by mamava »

If you teach at ISB or WAB in Beijing and you are a family, you are very likely living in a compound--not a school owned compound, but almost everyone with a family lives on one and teachers tend to group together in the compounds that are affordable. SFS in Korea require you to live on the school compound.