Teaching Couple at Cambridge

lindsmarie017

Teaching Couple at Cambridge

Post by lindsmarie017 »

Hi all,

My fiancé and I (he's a PE Teacher) have 6 years of experience teaching at independent schools in the Chicago area. We are going to Cambridge and would love any advice you have. We are hoping to both score jobs, but we are also open to going to a location where only one of gets a job. I have my master's in Early Ed and we are both licensed. We have applied to a ton of schools, but have only gotten one interview in a location we aren't quite sure about (Casablanca, Morocco) We are really hoping for Europe or Latin America. Do we have any shot? We are both really well traveled.... please feel free to be honest with us! Thank you!
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Have you searched the forum? Your inquiry is so broad, and a lot of information has already been published in recruiting. Perhaps if you were to conduct some research and then pose specific questions, the contributors would be able to focus on offering specific advise.

Morocco has some of the WORST ISs in IE. You will be much more marketable in CSA/LA then you will be in WE.
MamfeMan

Re: Teaching Couple at Cambridge

Post by MamfeMan »

Apply everywhere. Even if it isn't a place you'd consider teaching. The worst that can happen is you get an interview. Once you start limiting yourself geographically, you are missing out on a lot.

In my opinion, you can do two years anywhere, as long as the school has its heart in the right place. It goes by super quick, trust me.

Good luck!