Language Programs

joanveronica

Language Programs

Post by joanveronica »

Has anyone used Speed Learning Languages? It was rated #1 but I can't tell who sponsored the review. Rosetta Stone was # 5. Please share your experience. I want to learn French.

http://www.effectivelanguagelearning.co ... se-reviews

Thanks!
PsyGuy

Reponse

Post by PsyGuy »

I have not heard of them, though the website you referenced is likely "sponsored content" meaning its advertising that appears to be informational. Some of their tables are inaccurate (IE Rosetta Stone has 5 levels of language competence, though they dont refer to their upper levels as "advance", they still have advance level content).

I recently have been using Mango Language (Ive used Rosetta Stone, Living Language, Instant Immersion and Fluenz). I would advise you explore the offerings of your local public library system, it is likely they have a language program offering available at no cost to patrons. I would also highly advise you explore what F2F options your local community (and again likely your public library) may offer. A combination of self directed language instruction and practical language practice is one of the most effective means of acquiring a language (aside from immersion).
shadowjack

Re: Language Programs

Post by shadowjack »

Depending on the language, try the Duolingo app. It is free and you can learn some things at least, before taking a real course.
joanveronica

Re: Language Programs

Post by joanveronica »

Thank you for your replies!