Khartoum ICS?

sybarite

Khartoum ICS?

Post by sybarite »

Hi everybody!

Can anyone tell me about KICS? Ive been contacted by them and the packet they offer seems very good but i'm really not sure about working in Sudan (although to be able to save a lot for once would be great! Ive only taught in WE and its an amazing life quality but hard to save with my spending habits and the high taxes (>40%)!
PsyGuy

Reponse

Post by PsyGuy »

Life in Sudan can be "challenging" and most of those challenges will result in various degrees of frustration, this is a given. Your happiness and life satisfaction will derive from how well you manage and process those frustrations, you cant fix them, change them or stop them, only in how you perceive and react to them.

The high savings potential is a result of their not being a lot of temptations and distractions to spend coin on (assuming you dont travel out of the region, and maintain a minimum social night life) this is however a a greater reflection of your lifestyle choices and financial discipline.
Last edited by PsyGuy on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
sybarite

Re: Khartoum ICS?

Post by sybarite »

Thanks PsyGuy
onemetaldog

Post by onemetaldog »

Hi Sybarite,

Did you take the job at KICS? I am thinking of Khartoum as well. Any insights you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Thames Pirate

Post by Thames Pirate »

I never went there or worked there, but they do have an equestrian program that looks top notch, a sailing program that looked interesting, lots of other interesting extracurriculars, and it looked like the community was pretty strong. That was our impression from the research.
reisgio

Post by reisgio »

Khartoum vs. Western Europe. Let me think...this is a hard one...
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@reisgio

::giggle::

Yeah, really hard choice...