Teachers Latin America

Guy_Courchesne

Re: Teachers Latin America

Post by Guy_Courchesne »

Arrived a little late to this topic, sorry...

To clarify, yes the Houston Hiring Fair is a new endeavour, having started in January of this year and repeating again this coming January, as we aim to make this event a permanent fixture on the fair circuit. We've been getting lots of support for the fair from international and bilingual schools from Asomex, AASCA, and the Tri-Association of schools. This is not a fair for EAP positions though you will still find room for ESL teachers in primary and secondary grades at bilingual schools.

Either Mark or I or would be happy to answer any questions about the fair that folks have. Since the first fair in January, we've been canvassing teachers and schools alike on how to make it a great experience for all involved. Do let us know what makes a fair a positive experience.

@ihoward, thanks!

Guy Courchesne
Michelle

Re: Teachers Latin America

Post by Michelle »

Well, Guy, I have been following this conversation and I have to agree with many of the things PsyGuy has said. If in fact you really support and look after the teachers you place and you don't support schools that don't honor contracts...prove it!

Here is a link to the International Teachers' Bill of Rights. Put a link on your web site to the Bill of Rights and announce that you support the International Teachers Bill of Rights. Then come back to this site and tell us where the link is. Put your actions where you mouth is and then I'll believe you. Until then, I consider you just another recruiter saying what ever you need to say to earn a commission. Talk is cheap. Someplace on you home page would make a statement.

https://www.internationalschoolsreview. ... rights.htm

I'll be waiting to see what you do as I am sure the other teachers participating in this thread.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@Guy_Courchesne

Yeah lots of organizations want to be considered part of the IE recruiting circuit, wanting doesnt mean succeeding. Even the more established organizations such as AASCA are on the margins of the circuit. Its a fair for EAP ISs, thats what Bilingual ISs are.

Placing a link to the IE Bill of Rights, isnt meaningless but its easily ignored.