Dog in China

koda

Dog in China

Post by koda »

Hello - it looks like my next post will be in mainland China. I will be bringing my dog (yes, I know, a bit of a hassle). She's a small dog, and is healthy but requires a daily pill so I'd like to avoid quarantine (or do home quarantine) if at all possible. Does anyone have suggestions for pet relocation services that might be able to help without costing a fortune. She travels in cabin with me, so I'm just looking for the easiest way to do it and my google searches are coming up with old information or info for Beijing -- I'll be in SE China. Thanks!!
shadowjack

Re: Dog in China

Post by shadowjack »

Google bringing your dog to China at home quarantine
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

I used a relocation company to help me when I moved with an elderly cat. I had a friend who'd also moved to China with a cat recommend Santa Fe Relocation Company or Crown to me. They were expensive, but worth it to me. There are other companies out there with lower fees. The quarantine will depend on where you go. The province I went to had a 7-day quarantine for cats and 30-day for dogs. However, the Santa Fe people got my cat out the same night we arrived and brought her to my door within 4 hours of our arrival in country. I'm not sure if they can do the same for dogs. I would email a few relocation companies out there for quotes; there are specific pet relocation companies and general relocation ones. Again, the prices might be higher than you expect, but it was worth it to me. Also, I paid for basically every service I could to get my cat out of one country and into another--I'm really lazy when it comes to doing that stuff on my own. You can probably save some money if you're willing to do a lot of the paperwork beforehand on your own.

Good luck! Traveling internationally with pets is rough, but I'm happy I brought mine along.
Screech

Post by Screech »

Try GlobyPet (http://www.globypetrelo.com/). They have a great reputation for helping with pet movements to/from China. We are in a similar situation and they told us that we can enter China at Guangzhou and there will be no quarantine (in Beijing it is 30 days, Shanghai it is 7 days). So we're going to fly into Guangzhou, clear customs with ours, and then get an internalflight North.
koda

Post by koda »

Screech wrote:
> Try GlobyPet (http://www.globypetrelo.com/). They have a great reputation
> for helping with pet movements to/from China. We are in a similar situation
> and they told us that we can enter China at Guangzhou and there will be no
> quarantine (in Beijing it is 30 days, Shanghai it is 7 days). So we're
> going to fly into Guangzhou, clear customs with ours, and then get an
> internalflight North.

Hi- Thanks for the info. I've tried to contact them via their website and I keep getting an error message. Do you by chance have a direct contact? I've heard the same, that traveling into Guangzhou might be my best bet. I'd love to be able to talk to someone in China though! Thanks!
Screech

Post by Screech »

Try eric@globypetrelo.com . Got back to me within 24 hrs.