Can I apply to two openings at one school?

shebestova

Can I apply to two openings at one school?

Post by shebestova »

There are two teaching openings at a school I am very interested in - am I allowed to apply for both at the same time? I am not sure if it is some sort of IT faux pas to express my interest in both positions in the email/cover letter.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Taylor

Re: Can I apply to two openings at one school?

Post by Taylor »

Sure why not? If you are qualified for both and are interested then go for it!
shadowjack

Re: Can I apply to two openings at one school?

Post by shadowjack »

If you have recent up to date teaching experience in BOTH areas, go for it.

Otherwise, understand that while you have experience in subject A, are certified to teach subject B but have hardly taught it and not in the past 3 - 5 years, that the school will not consider you for subject B. They will select a recent practitioner or an incoming spouse of a hard-to-find teacher. That's just how it works. Your mileage might vary, though, so in for a penny...?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Of course you can apply for both vacancies (unless the vacancy post specifies otherwise). Follow the posting instructions as if you were applying for a separate vacancy.

I disagree with @Sj regarding your marketability in the second field, everyone started out with very little entering IT and while you may not have 2 years the two years post certification experience, ITs do get hired with less, especially in hard to fill vacancies or in lower tier/hardship regions.