Keerapat International School Bangkok

bluewhale

Keerapat International School Bangkok

Post by bluewhale »

I was wondering if people can give me some up to date information on this school as the reviews in the paid section are old. I'm interested in the middle school/high school.

1. What are the administration like?
2. What is the pay like compared to other schools? Are accomodation packages available?
3. What is the workload like? I read on their HR site that you are expected to be at school from 7am to 4pm. Is this normal for international schools in Bangkok? I also heard you are expected to be on duty at lunch time too. How much extra work is expected and how many free periods do you get a week/fortnight?
4. (edited by moderator - we ask you please not ask for or provide evaluation type material on the forum. The member area or the site is for that purpose - thanks for your cooperation)
5. What are the students like?
6. If no accomodation provided, how hard is it to find a furnished one bedroom apartment near to the school?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Specific evaluation type posts are not permitted on the forum side, a few generalities that can be commented on.

Most ITs have a daily schedule of 8-4, so 7-4 isnt a drastic deviation. The main issue is what are you expected to do during those hours. Most ITs have on average 6 instructional periods in a day and then 1 ASP a week. So if your required to be on campus at 7 but your first class doesnt start until 8 is it just prep time or are you expected to tutor, attend a morning meeting etc during that time. The same issue in the afternoon, if your IS dismisses at 3:00 is the extra hour from 3 too 4 just prep time, maybe an afternoon meeting or are you expected to tutor or do a daily ASP or other activity. If your tasking instructional load is a full 7-4 that would be a heavy load.

Its not hard to find anything in Bangkok including a 1LDk furnished apartment, cost depends on your lifestyle requirements, you can spend a lot, and you can spend a meager sum, depending on your wants and needs in quality.