Carney-Sandoe

WiseTeach

Carney-Sandoe

Post by WiseTeach »

I signed up with this Ed. Search group out of Boston. Very bizarre interactions with them...after trying to get some answers via their on line chat help and being told my portfolio was somehow in no man's land...I recieved an email a few min. later telling me I was not accepted, in spite of having recieved two prior requests to apply for searches they were leading.? Anyone else know anything about this group? I certainly don't recommend them, but curious if my experiences were unique.
sid

Re: Carney-Sandoe

Post by sid »

They're more oriented overall to the US private school market, but their international school presence is increasing. Better for admin searches than teaching posts.
I've found that when a school posts an admin post with CS, that is likely to be the only place that post is advertised, so either you're with CS, or you miss that opportunity.
In my last job search, I had several interesting options that came through CS. I ultimately took a post found through a different organization, but CS certainly seemed quite a reasonable organization.
Sorry you had such a bad experience with them.
WiseTeach

Post by WiseTeach »

Well, I am seeking admin positions. Today I received an e-mail from one of their associates wanting to clear things up. Perhaps it was a glitch....but casting my net far and wide and they seemed at first blush to be fairly adept and reasonable.
coughingfurballs

Post by coughingfurballs »

They are bizarre. I used to work in Boston, and interviewed with a school found via Carney Sandoe. The school offered me a position after a seemingly normal interview process, and I declined it in favor of another private school. A few weeks later, I was notified by Carney Sandoe that I was being dropped by them because the first school had notified them that I had signed a contract with them and then backed out (Not true! Not even close to true!). I didn't care much at the time because I was already working at a school I loved, but now that I am overseas I wish I had contacted Carney and tried to plead my case.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@coughingfurballs

It would have been easy to challenge them to produce a copy of the contract. Wouldnt of likely made much difference, they likely saw you as wasting their time and cherry picking. ITs arent the client, they are the commodity, it would have likely cost them more to alienate an IS.
jeffwessel

Post by jeffwessel »

I found a nice opening stateside using them. I ended up turning down the position for personal reasons but it was only posted with CS. Would not have found it otherwise.
WiseTeach

Post by WiseTeach »

Well that's the problem. A few plum international schools are now using them for admin. searches. They definitely seem unresponsive and a bit "snooty".
profe

Post by profe »

I have used them twice and didn't have any problems with them. I did wish they had sent more listings my way, and in the end I didn't get my postings through them. However, I wouldn't have any problems using them again. It's easy enough to re-activate and update your profile for future job searches.