Schrole

Britgirl

Schrole

Post by Britgirl »

What is Schrole? And if schools that are registered with Search are advertising on their page to apply through Schrole apply there rather than Search, or via email? We have to then ask our referees to do additional references?
shadowjack

Re: Schrole

Post by shadowjack »

Schrole is another service that vets candidates. It is not a recruitment service per so. So if a school uses Schrole, Schrole does the legwork for the school for a fee - a cheaper fee than SA or ISS. And there is no Schrole job fair.

Just a way to vet candidates and save some money.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Schrole is SA lite (its run by a former SA consultant). They appeal to the ISs that have only minor or irregular recruiting needs, and need "the basics" from applicants (application/resume info, credentials and references) and wants to restrict applications only to when they have an actual vacancy, at lower cost. Thats what Schroles appeal is to IS, it limits HR resources to screening applicants only when actual vacancies exist, and the IS has minimum needs.
sid

Post by sid »

Some very big schools in Asia use Schrole. I'm no fan.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@sid

I dont disagree.
jimmycajun

Post by jimmycajun »

So if a school is signed up with Schrole, is the expectation to submit your application package through Schrole? How would it be perceived if a candidate simply emails the director with their goods? I've been considering applying at a school that directs candidates to use Schrole even though it is a Search school. Personally, I don't like the idea of peppering my contacts with additional references requests so would it be frowned upon to message the director with your application package, perhaps explain your perspective for not applying through Schrole, as well as mentioning you're a Search candidate?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Jimmy,

they are going to want to have your credentials, etc vetted and don't have the resources to do it themselves, unlike say, Singapore American School. So you can send your stuff in, but will likely get a message telling you to go through Schrole first and then send your stuff.

However, if the school is with Search, you CAN contact the school directly through Search and indicate interest and then send your documents directly. It is only if a school is just with Schrole, or if a candidate isn't with Search but the school is, that they would want the Schrole application in.

shad
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@jimmycajun

The rule is ALWAYS follow the instructions in the vacancy, not following directions is typically seen as a negative if considered (either you dont know how to follow instructions or you think your better than everyone and dont have to follow directions), or your application never gets read and filtered to the bin.

Yes the expectation is that you will apply through Schrole. You could do that but either the IS has a big banner stating they accept applications only through Schrole, and their isnt an email address. You will apply and get a form email stating apply through Schrole and unread, or your application will just be ignored and unread.

You will very likely not have your explanation read regardless of how persuasiveness it is. It has to get to an actual person in authority to accept your application packet for consideration. Most of these systems are automated, you either get a form email and your application packet goes unread, or it is ignored and goes unread.
jimmycajun

Post by jimmycajun »

@shad

the school is on Search so it makes sense that if I apply through that platform there shouldn't be any major issues

@PG

I definitely see what you are saying about going rogue and how not follow instructions would be seen as a negative. However, say for example I saw the position on Search, did my homework and researched the school's website while not viewing the employment tab (because Search provided a detailed description of the position in question), in theory, I wouldn't know this particular school wanted me to apply through Schrole (as it was only indicated in the employment section). This in itself would probably show the school your so-called thorough review of the website resulted in skipping a key section but I suppose it could happen
runningsloth

Post by runningsloth »

Search is not enough anymore, especially if a school is using Schrole. You need to fill out the Schrole application as well if you are going to have any chance of consideration. Almost every school on Search now asks you to fill out a separate application on their website. IS Bangkok is on Search and uses Schrole. If you don't fill out the Schrole application, they will not look at you as a candidate regardless of if you are on Search. Experienced this first-hand.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@jimmycajun

Thats not improbable. ISs will/may include a different email address for premium recruitment agencies. In my experience though its uncommon. If the IS is a Schrole IS you will just get an email asking too apply through Schrole. An IS isnt going to waste the resource on a service like Schrole and not use it. Though you may get a more personalized email, in all likelihood you will just get the same form response requesting you apply through Schrole.

More and more ISs are requiring candidates complete their own applications through the ISs HR website.
MamfeMan

Post by MamfeMan »

I applied to one school using Schrole and it was a major pain in the a**. I didn't like that I had to directly contact my references AGAIN, after already asking them to serve as my Search references. There's another school I'm interested in that uses Schrole as well. Does this mean each time I use Schrole, I will have to notify my references? Or once I've filled a Schrole form out is it automatically forwarded to the school? In other words, do you only have to fill the thing in once? I don't want to have to notify my referees every single time I apply to a school.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@MamfeMan

The references are completed once and saved, then accessible by IS recruiters without requiring multiple contact with your references.
mamava

Post by mamava »

That's good to know. I thought I would have to recontact my references, after asking them for Search references, and then again and again for each Schrole school and so we avoided Schrole schools in our last search. If Schrole keeps the references and I only have to re-ask references one time (after Search) that would be great.