Skype interview question examples

pjw1974

Skype interview question examples

Post by pjw1974 »

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to the forum but I havetaught in an international school in Tokyo 10 years ago and because of family illness, needed to return home (Australia). We are now ready to try the international teaching circuit again and I have started applying for various types of jobs including head of school, deputy head of school, athletically director and teaching positions. Can anyone advise of examples of interview questions I can start preparing for. I am very familar with interview type questions here in Queensland but have no idea what to expect for international positions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sciteach

Re: Skype interview question examples

Post by sciteach »

As a rule, there is no specific set of questions you will be asked during Skype Interviews. The positions that you are applying for are also very wide - which means a certain type of question will not be relevant for another job.

For example - you may be asked how you will organise sports trips internationally for an athletic director or asked how you will stop or slow down the number of students leaving due to an economic downturn for a head of school position.

The only thing which will normally be a given is the school will ask you questions about that specific position. Questions about flexibility and adapting to change may be asked if the position is in an emerging school or hardship post. It's also important to have a strong understanding of the schools method of instruction if you are applying for a principal position or above. There is a big difference between A-levels, DP, AP and the like.

Good luck
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Given the wide range of positions you are applying for. The most common question you will asked is the 'tell me about yourself" which is the talk me through your resume question.
Cali.Girl

Post by Cali.Girl »

The internet is full of interview question examples - I found probably 100 and was asked, during one interview or another, almost all of them. Spend some time searching.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

Some we've gotten recently (for elementary teaching positions):
1. If I walked into your room, how would I see students being engaged in learning?
2. Describe your approach to language arts, math, etc.
3. Tell me about your experience with.. (specific program).
4. What do you do to build positive relationships with and among students?