is it ok to leave after 2 years?

Yantantether

Re: is it ok to leave after 2 years?

Post by Yantantether »

I'm curious....... what would the odds of a prospective employer actually contacting the 1 yr school to check your reason corroborates with the schools' version, even if that happened several years ago?
PIEGUY

Post by PIEGUY »

Approaching zero.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

My wife and I have taught at 3 different schools (international, public stateside, and another international). We've been at each for 2 years, and are leaving our current one. We've applied to a dozen schools, had an interview already, and just about have an offer on the table. Of course, we know we will need to stay at our next post for a few years to show we can be stable, but every place we've left, we had a good rationale. It's never hurt us (that we know of!).
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

@Walter

I wouldnt agree with the too often qualifier, Its situational. If an IT has rationals, then fulfilling contract is fulfilling contract, even if its 2 years and often. The scenario I would agree with you is when an IT is in an upper tier IS and they are moving around often, then the issue becomes why arent they happy.

The same with 2 months, any IT without a very good story would/should just ghost the experience, but if its a bottom tier train wreck IS with a history of producing runners, than the experience may very well might make a good lead in for an interview.

@Yantantether

Depends how long ago it was and what the ISs after that said. Many ISs dont go back more than 1 or 2 ISs. They assume if the recent references are good, checking the 1 year assignment isnt going to yield very much.
A responsible admin/manager will check it out anyway, just to meet due diligence requirements. They have to make sure there was no misconduct.