Somtawin Witead Suksa in Hua Hin Thailand

gusto102

Somtawin Witead Suksa in Hua Hin Thailand

Post by gusto102 »

If anyone knows about Somtawin Witead Suksa in Hua Hin Thailand could you please post a school review in the member area. Thanks.
Yantantether

Re: Somtawin Witead Suksa in Hua Hin Thailand

Post by Yantantether »

The name of the school should tell you much of what you are seeking from a review!
gusto102

Post by gusto102 »

The name of the school tells me that it may not be as "international" as a tier 1 international school, given that it has a Thai name. One of my Thai friends here in the US mentioned the school and refers to it as an international school; however, I don't see it mentioned specifically as such on the website. It is instead referred to as an English program school with a student body composed of 50% international students. According to the website, it uses a mix of Thai, British and American curriculum and is based on both Thai and Western philosophies. Perhaps to those with more background in this field than myself, this school doesn't even rank as being "international".
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

The term "international" is not a controlled designation, any IS can call its self international, and many of them do, its just easy and cheap marketing. Its an "Academy" DS, meaning its a local school (private) that conducts their program in English. The mixture of curriculum means that whatever nationality the IT comes from is what they are going to teach. Thai and Western philosophies means the school is managed like a Thai School, but they let teachers use western practices in the classroom.

The issue is that we have difficulty as a profession defining what an IS is which is why the third tier is so big, at a certain point the definition becomes little more than "do they hire foreigners".
Yantantether

Post by Yantantether »

Your friend was wrong. You asked for advice, I and others provided it. Don't resist ;)