Experience at a French Lycee abroad?

notyouraverageturd

Experience at a French Lycee abroad?

Post by notyouraverageturd »

Looking at jobs and quite curious to hear about experiences with working at Lycee's outside of France. I've heard they are very bureaucratic, but don't have much of an opinion otherwise and wonder about the odds of getting into one in the International section. I'd love to hear from those who have worked there. In the US, are the pay packages competitive? What are the expectations? How well supported/resourced are they? I know these are quite broad questions, but all stories help in forming opinions. Thank you in advance.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

I do not know what the environment is for a US Lycee, but internationally they usually rank as top tier ISs. They tend to be well resourced and have strong compensation packages, most of the students parents are top corporate or embassy parents. The biggest issue is that overseas Lycees dont generally have international sections, they are essentially French ISs and conduct their courses in French, of which many ITs simply dont qualify for, even the small international sections are little more than academic ESOL programs.
UnCloudy

Re: Experience at a French Lycee abroad?

Post by UnCloudy »

deleted