Matrix International

robbyp88

Matrix International

Post by robbyp88 »

Hello folks. I wonder if anyone here can give me a heads up on the Matrix International School in Malaysia. The web site makes the school look amazing (of course) but I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the expectations for teachers, the workload, the expected hours and the actual hours. Anything would be useful There is one report on ISR which was pretty scathing, but I'm always a bit sceptical when there is only a single report. So, if anyone can give me any information or opinion please do so. It will be warmly welcomed.
interteach

Re: Matrix International

Post by interteach »

I don't know anything about the school but I am not being flippant when I say that the name alone is enough to set off alarm bells.

Looking at their website they are clearly proprietary, have the most minimal amount of accreditation or authorization possible and I wouldn't dream of working there.

Facilities are often nice but are they built for learning or for show? Are they built to last or get something up as fast as possible?

One of my basic tests of an international school is if I'd consider working at it if it were in my home country. Let's see. For-profit, minimal oversight, weird name, bad English on their website. I'd pass at home or abroad.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

The ISR report is accurate. Its a for profit, local school for host nationals with local management and everything it entails. They have no accreditation, they are a Cambridge exam center, they arent accredited by OfSted.