Learning Support vacancies

barefoot_2

Learning Support vacancies

Post by barefoot_2 »

Hello! This is my first time to post in the Forum although I have been a frequent visitor to the Forum in the past couple of months.

I have been teaching in an international school in SE Asia for more than ten years now. I served as Team Leader for the Learning Support Team in the Lower School and though the school and the job itself has been great, we are exploring the possibility of moving to another country after this school year.

I just wanted to get a feel for the Learning Support needs in other int'l schools (in Asia or other places) especially since my personal situation has changed since I started teaching as an IE. When I started as an IE, I was single --- I am now married with two young children.

Any input you may have about Learning Support will be appreciated! :-)
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Learning Support vacancies

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

There's been a lot written about this subject already. In this thread there is a link to an even longer discussion:

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... f=1&t=5272

If it doesn't work, do a search.

Short answer: There are learning support teachers in almost every school and many job openings every year. They are generally pull out/push in/resource room type programs.

Please post any more specific questions you might have.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

The majority of ISs have LS, the problem is there is a wide range of definitions what LS is. Some ISs do little more than tutoring for LS, some have well developed LS and SEN departments with ample resources. There arent any ISs that meet regulatory requirements for a regulated school, but some get close. Many ISs are very upfront what they can and cant do, other ISs will take the money and provide nothing more than there general education curriculum.