QSI Summer Recruitment Fair

mysharona

Re: QSI Summer Recruitment Fair

Post by mysharona »

I know this isn't a ringing endorsement, but you could do far worse than QSI. Admittedly the Mastery System is a bit wonky, especially at the secondary level, but the school pays on time, has a pretty good set of benefits and has schools in places where there aren't many others. It should also be noted that Europe isn't necessarily for QSI veterans either, I was hired on there my first time out and there were at least 9 other teachers new to QSI that first year.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

ISs are supposed to pay their faculty and staff on time. This is the equivalent of an IT claiming "they dont sleep with their students".
Any IS that has to look to behaviors its supposed to do to describe its aspirations, should be considered weighed, measured and found wanting.

IF QSI is offering an appointment to Italy, etc. thats worth investigating, but if all they have on offer to you is the Stans and China, you can find better in China without the negatives of working for QSI.
twoteachers

Re: QSI Summer Recruitment Fair

Post by twoteachers »

Plus...since I have kids, the Mastery System scared the daylights out of me. I want my kids to be challenged academically, not coddled to. To keep taking assessments until the "master" it, is teaching to the lowest common denominator.