Recruitment Agencies

PsyGuy

Inquiry

Post by PsyGuy »

I assumed since thats what the OP wrote that the term cancelled was actually used?
calvin76

Re: Recruitment Agencies

Post by calvin76 »

@spawnboy99

I am an active member if Search, but staying in my current role for the upcoming school year. About a month ago my Search rep contacted us to let us know if it was ok to 'archive' everyone's membership/status (essentially de-activating us) until August. The reason given was that at this late point in the hiring season, they only wanted recruiters/schools to see candidates who were still willing to go over for an August 2015 start. We have been assured that everyone will be switched back to 'active' status sometime in the summer when the new hiring season begins.
Spawnboy99

Post by Spawnboy99 »

The term was cancelled
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@calvin76

That is significantly different than what happened to the OP. You associate contacted you and "asked", your SA contract and agreement gives you 3 years thats three years not however many months your associate decides to interpret it.
mathewsp

Post by mathewsp »

Please clarify, I have SA membership from Feb 2015, I accepted position (through them) and received a letter stating that I could pay another fee if i wanted to search again when i'm in the market for a job. What I'm reading states that I can search indefinitely. Any thoughts?
Artrageous

Post by Artrageous »

Hi I am pretty sure that with Search, your membership fee is used up either at the end of a three year term or as soon as you get a new position, whichever comes first. I think that is in the contract.
PsyGuy

Reponse

Post by PsyGuy »

@mathewsp

Your SA membership/representation is contractually valid for 3 years of database access or until you are appointed, which ever comes first. If you would like continued access to the jobs database you need to renew a new membership. While you can be looking for a position in the distant future, associate would be hesitant to accept a client so early in their career timeline. The best pathway in doing so is approach the agency and register as seeking a leadership position, a two year job search timeline isnt unreasonable for that type of position.