BCIS Meltdown II

Justhefacts

BCIS Meltdown II

Post by Justhefacts »

I have great respect for most of BCIS. However, in the past I have seen staff severely and openly admonished for even suggesting that BCIS was a Chinese private school. The same leaders are now discussing the situation as if it has always been freely and openly discussed. Disingenuous is too nice a term.
Events seem to be progressing as previously discussed. Colleen Drisner, Diploma Program Coordinator, will replace Shawn Hutchinson as Secondary Principal. She is currently at BCIS so this is a local hire. The replacement for Bill O'Hearn has not yet been announced. Some courses are being dropped with little advance notice so that more resources are available for a large influx of ESOL students. A new idea for a program called 'IB Plus' is being planned which will accomodate the influx of ESOL students. This program will apparently be unique to BCIS since it is not an approved IB offering. It appears to be designed to allow students with very basic English skills to achieve an IB Diploma. Student plans for this year's prom are up in the air because no knows what happened to the money. As might be expected sanity is as scarce as fresh air in Beijing.
PsyGuy

response

Post by PsyGuy »

I am no longer surprised by admin/management ability to "spin". What is in implementation going to be "IB lite" is re branded "IB Plus", its equivalent to saying "you didnt fail, you created an opportunity to grow".

BCISs issues were never going to be resolved easily or quickly and without a certain amount of massaging the program and shifting their paradigm. The source of the problem is that BCIS is repping and branding themselves as something they are not, and based on the fundamentals of what they are, never will be.