POLL of KUWAIT SCHOOLS

miski

POLL of KUWAIT SCHOOLS

Post by miski »

Here is a list of the older, more known schools in Kuwait. If you have any experiences ( good or bad) why not take the chance now to list them?

1.GES(Guf English School)
2. NES(New English School)
3.ESG(English School for Girls)
4.KNES(Kuwait National English School)
5.FES(Fahaheel English School)
6.TEA (The English Academy)
7.KES( Kuwait English School)
8.BSK( British School of Kuwait)

9.ABB (Al Bayan Bilingual School)
10.DMS (Dasman Model School)
11.ATIS (Atakamul International School)
12.UAS (Universal American School)
13.AAG (American Academy for Girls)

I have only named a few. I have worked at 2 and found staff to be fine at both, kids to be somewhat unruly but that is their nature, parents to be highly supportive , and the only let down-of course management.
jaapolanco

Post by jaapolanco »

acronym for Al Bayan is BBS

I've worked for two on the list as well. I agree with your comments. Kids and parents for the most part are okay, managment can sometimes be a problem and that can be either local mgmt or the overseas staff. A lot of bitching and moaning by overseas staff which can really can old.
da3boyzs

Post by da3boyzs »

Iworked at ASK & AIS I found the parents at both of these schools to be supportive also. The only shortcomings are with the administration and owners of the schools.
miski

For a REALLY good laugh

Post by miski »

I had heard about this place in the past.....but nearly wet myself when I read the website.....

It's a school called KAS which is situated behind DIVA's on the Gulf Road......bloody mad by the sounds of it. Read this :

''Like the legendary phoenix bird which burnt itself to death and rose fresh and young from its ashes, so the Director of the school has inspired new virtues and wisdom in the minds of the future new people. ''

h please visit the website for a REALLY good laugh!http://livingvalues.net/kuwait/index.html#Status
saam64

Post by saam64 »

I have been given an offer by A'Takamul International School and frankly I am a bit concerned by the reviews ... I have some specific questions ... would any one working there already or some one who is departing this year email me at saam64@hotmail.com ... your inputs will be of great value ... Thanks.
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

I have been at AIS for five years and have seen amazing changes take place. The parents are very supportive, the kids are generally wonderful and the administration and owners are keen on making improvements.
I am glad to be returning for another year or two or three.
saam64

Post by saam64 »

Jeff by AIS do you mean A'Takamul International School?
jeffofarabia

Post by jeffofarabia »

No, I mean the American International School.
interested

Post by interested »

[quote="saam64"]Jeff by AIS do you mean A'Takamul International School?[/quote]

I have worked there. Be aware, school is run by a board with no educational experience and seeks advice from those whose main goal is to save money. Numerous departing teachers have filed lawsuits against the school because of settlement money not being paid in full.
Curriculum is a process in the making. Fudged an acreditation process, with beefed up documentation.
diamogirl

GES Kuwait

Post by diamogirl »

Has anyone got any information about GES in Kuwait??
Ive been offered an interview but want to do my homework first..any reviews/tips etc good or bad would be appreciated
Cheers