Banned!

huellbb

Banned!

Post by huellbb »

This post won't last long (nor will this account most likely) but I thought I'd share with you all that I was permanently banned for publicly asking why other users had been banned. Mainly so people would know what to avoid doing and therefore be able to avoid being permanently banned in future. As far as I could tell no forum rules were broken.

Clearly, whoever is running this forum has no interest in explaining themselves. That's their right to do so but it's also my (and I suspect many others) right to not renew any form of membership here as a result.

A real shame as I've enjoyed the advice given here.

Admin - think about giving a reason for why we're 'doing wrong' so other people don't in future, rather than taking the sneaky, cowardly way out by restricting comments so draconially.
adminpaul

Re: Banned!

Post by adminpaul »

We have explained our position a number of times and will make this last attempt to help you and others understand our position.

We have banned these posters due to their insistence on attacking the opinions of other posters through the use of derogatory language instead of professional, constructive discourse. This includes attacks on ISR which appear purposed to diminish site integrity. Allowing posters to use the ISR Forum as a platform from which to maliciously attack other posters and ISR is counter productive and such posts will be removed immediately and the poster banned.

The ISR forum is not the personal playground of any user or group of users. It's purpose is to share pertinent information that assists forum uses living and working around the world.

Our attention was called to posts contrary to the above mentioned policy by forum users complaining they were being abused by other forum users. Interestingly, some complaints came from persons now banned from this forum who complained that some posters were posting comments contrary to their position on a topic and should be banned for doing so. When we did not ban them they took to attacking them.

Freedom of speech does not include using the ISR Forum to abuse others.

Forum Admin