Rafflesia Education Group

robbyp88

Rafflesia Education Group

Post by robbyp88 »

I wonder if any of the good folks out there have experience of the Rafflesia Education Group Malaysia? I have an interview with them at the weekend and I'd love to hear a teacher's perspective, both good and bad. I have tried to find some reviews, here on ISR and elsewhere but there is very little information. So, can anyone help?

Many thanks

Rob
curiousme

Re: Rafflesia Education Group

Post by curiousme »

Friends of my colleague worked for them and they ALL left at Christmas. I've not heard anything good about them at all. If management has changed (and I know even a few of them walked out) perhaps they are better, but personally I wouldn't consider them for a nanosecond. As I say, it's just from hearing about their experiences not my own first-hand experience, but it's enough to tell me they are not an outfit I'd work for.
As it's still open, there must be some teachers that think it's OK so perhaps they - or friends of theirs - can chip in with the positives.
robbyp88

Post by robbyp88 »

Many thanks Curiousme. Something to be concerned about. Hopefully some others can contribute with specifics. I will go ahead with the Skype interview but comments from previous or current staff would be of great value. I wonder why though, if it has such a bad rep, that nothing is on ISR about it. I find that strange. Anyway, thanks for the information, I'll certainly try to find out more if possible.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

For profit, local management local policy and administration for host nationals and all the problems that come with it.
mintpalace

Post by mintpalace »

Comment removed by moderator.
Spawnboy99

Post by Spawnboy99 »

@robbyp88 shocked with the salary ie initial contract band, working at Maccs would pay more lol
Spawnboy99

Post by Spawnboy99 »

Ok so total package is around The initial contract is 87,000-117,300 Rm per year. This is including everything Housing. Utilities, and Retirement, Shipping and inclusive of salary which is around 9775 Rm per month. read it quick before it gets deleted.
Arctic

Post by Arctic »

I had an interview with , I didnt think they were very professional at all. very vague about discount for kids and living cost, I was quoted 500 to 1500 ringgits!! depending on living style. which , ok, is true, but this guy knew I had a family...so probably accom wouldn't be that cheap.
I got an offer, but I turned it down.
hope someone has infor on a positive exp with them
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@Arctic

The summit of any greatness is built on the foundation of that which came before and lies below.

What kind of positive experience are you looking for. They employ a fair number of teachers and not all of them are vocally dissatisfied. IE (as well as nature) abhors a vacuum, the REG fills a void in the market for which they can competitively provide a service to their client base. I know ESOL teachers making 6K RMB in China that would love, absolutely love a real academic classroom and would take a pay cut to do it.