Bucharest?

coin_operated

Re: Bucharest?

Post by coin_operated »

My SO and I love Romania, and find Bucharest very comfortable place to live. Just don't go expecting something "like Budapest" (because the names sound similar, they must have similar architecture, right? *eyeroll*).

However we're not working for the fabulous school that doles out cars to teachers. If you do not get a position at that particular school everyone here is talking about, your work experience will probably be "meh" to bad: unpleasant, incompetent management, decent but not fabulous compensation (is cash in hand okay?), limited room for career progression, kids who are spoiled, unmotivated, and protected from negative repercussions of their actions, etc. Some ITs are fine with this stuff, but at my school in particular the teacher morale was very low indeed.

We're relocating at the end of this term to a place that lacks the livability of Romania to a higher-tier school with better compensation and career progression opportunities. We'll miss Romania though (even ugly little Bucharest) and will keep tabs on schools in Romania to see if any start to get their poop in a group.