Neil Bantlemann Guilty!!

KellyGuy

Re: Neil Bantlemann Guilty!!

Post by KellyGuy »

They are getting plenty of applicants? How do you know this, Sigh Guy?

I would love to go teach overseas again but I'm fairly sure I have been blacklisted. So you might think I would be quite willing to go teach in Indonesia (which prior to this guy's conviction was probably #3 of my top teaching destinations).

They couldn't pay me enough to go teach anywhere in Indonesia. This guy was convicted by a kangaroo court and Indonesian international schools are going to have a VERY hard time hiring teachers from here on out.
nathan61

Post by nathan61 »

I don't know what is normal for JIS, but I didn't se all that many openings this year. The chances of this happening again are pretty slim, and generally IT's are not adverse to risk, so I doubt JIS will have any trouble finding tons of applicants. There are plenty of more dangerous countries out there.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@KellyGuy

JISs recruiting is wrapped up (they arent even adverting a college counselor vacancy), there isnt a mass exodus of ITs, and they still offer a top package for the region.
KellyGuy

Post by KellyGuy »

That may well be, but some school just contacted me and I told them I'm not interested, and exactly why.
IAMBOG

Re: Neil Bantlemann Free!!

Post by IAMBOG »

hallier

Post by hallier »

Thank goodness - sanity and justice is beginning to prevail.

At this point, the charges have been debunked by civil courts in Singapore and Jakarta, and now a criminal court in Jakarta.

All that remains is that the cleaners win their appeal.
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Neil Bantlemann Free!!

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

IAMBOG wrote:
> Cleared!
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33924162

Glad to hear it. Hopefully if/when he gets out he catches the next plane out of there.

As for JIS (and other schools in the country) I am sure they will always find teachers to fill openings (even before this apparent good news). I do know that they made some offers to this year to a few candidates with lighter CV's than they would have in the past and that at least one ended up turning them down due to the court cases etc. So, they'll be fine but the pool will not be quite as deep and rich as it once was for them.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

I would hope hed stay and show them hes not afraid of them and go back to JIS, its a good IS. Running back to Canada isnt going to accomplish anything, and even if he does leave, he has too put on every single application from here to forever that he was accused/arrested/charged/tried for a sex crime with a child under his care. Even if an admin is sympathetic, there is still a possibility the allegations are true, and in the future if anything ever happened or even another malicious accusation that admins head is going to be on the block. Who wants to explain to parents and the board that the leadership hired an accused sex offender.
global_nomad

Post by global_nomad »

Here's an update on the JIS situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-vtNAwaaY
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

He is never getting out, they will keep him there for as long as the coin keeps it going, then they will lock him back up when the coin dries up, regardless he will never teach again.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Oh Dave, you're such a dimwit. Let's have a little wager: 1) Neil Bantleman gets out; 2) He finds another job teaching before you do!
OzGrad

Post by OzGrad »

@PsyGuy

and you seem pleased with this result?
Walter

Post by Walter »

This is one of Dave Psyguy's early posts on the subject (see P1 of this thread):

"This could be justice, sloppy justice, but justice non the less. This could be one less pedo in a classroom?"

And indicatative of his usual intellectual distinction...my bet stands. NB will be back in teaching first!
teller

Post by teller »

@global_nomad--thanks for posting that youtube video and keeping us up to date on his situation. I thought he was home free at this point and didn't realize he was still in Jakarta. I hope the courts don't give in to "popular pressure" and allow the case to be reopened. Also sad to hear of the cleaners who "confessed" to the crimes will not have any chance at all for appeal. Such a devastating situation for so many innocent people caught up in hysteria--and for what? Reminds me of the McMartin preschool trial back in the early 1980s.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@OzGrad

I dont know, hes defiantly getting the screws. I personally believe something happened, not what went on trial, and the forensics isnt there to support a conviction by western standards of jurisprudence, but something happened.

Jakarta is going to play the long wait. They will wait until media attention dies down, and the next couple of big crises become the focus of the world, then when the money is gone they will have another trial, correct their technical error, and with not funding to afford an appeal they will lock him up again. He may be invited to various after school functions but neither of them is in a classroom and getting a pay check. JIS like everyone else will eventually just move on, the IS will settle, and without any other options (or coin) NB will just like the cleaners confess in exchange for a greatly reduced sentence (Im guessing a year with credit for time served), then he'll be deported. They will return to CAN and start a foundation of some sort for better educator protections.

If I was NB id start looking into friends that had a boat...