When's a good time to sign up for Search?

klooste

When's a good time to sign up for Search?

Post by klooste »

I have almost 1 and half years experience teaching internationally. I am currently employed at an international school in China with BC accreditation.

Should I wait until I have two or three years of teaching under my belt before I start to use SEARCH Associates?
sitka

Re: When's a good time to sign up for Search?

Post by sitka »

I was at the same school you are.

I joined after three years with no problems and moved on to an IB school (for what it's worth).

You'd want to have all your references and everything else good to go by October.

Cheers
PIEGUY

Post by PIEGUY »

Whenever you like. They'll soon let you know if it's ok, or not.
klooste

Post by klooste »

Thanks for the advice all

Sitka: its good to read that someone moved on from MLES and managed to land a new job somewhere else, MLES isn't a bad place, but I don't think I could go career, due to the city. Where about are you working now, SITKA, if you don't mind me asking? II have some friends at MLES that put in three or four years at the school, one of my cohorts landed a job at the Shenzhen international school. Another is off to Shanghai American school.

I think I'll stay as long as I can at MLES (maybe four years).

Thanks for your help all!
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

You can and should start as soon as your able too. The membership is valid for three years and since your already an IT all your doing is losing opportunities that might be beneficial to you.