Siam International School

honeymustard

Siam International School

Post by honeymustard »

I have been approached by Siam International School about a teaching position. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about this school?
Yantantether

Re: Siam International School

Post by Yantantether »

honeymustard wrote:
> I have been approached by Siam International School about a teaching
> position. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about this school?

Quick side-step and you're good! Bottom feeder school.
lostintranslation

Post by lostintranslation »

Stay well Clear! Situated in Khlong 4 Lum Lukka, this school has had a very chequered past. Teachers were not paid for months and months. Admin is well Thai, that says it all! There was a big fight between the owners ( husband and Wife ) He was sleeping in the changing rooms overnight due to loss of school. Salary is very poor. There are only a few good schools in Thailand, Shrewsbury, ISB, NIST, Harrow and Patana. Lots of very average schools, St this and St that, Bromsgrove and then the low ones like ELC, Ascot, Siam, Lord Shaftsbury.

Hope this helps
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

No firsthand knowledge but have heard a few horror stories. This place is out in Rangsit near the old airport in BKK. As I recall they had a permanent ad in the Bangkok Post advertising local hire positions, which can't be a good sign. Thai admin means the school will be run the Thai style, which means any qualified teachers should run away as fast as possible. Thailand has a ridiculous amount of "international" schools just like this gem...
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Run away, its a bottom tier family owned Thai school, for Thai students who cant go anywhere else. The school is underfunded, and its little more then someone personal business they can use to launder coin for less then reputable business. All kinds of problems and if you dont like it you can leave, they are always recruiting.