How many resumes should I bring?

MizMorton

How many resumes should I bring?

Post by MizMorton »

How many resumes (official, not ichiros) do you suggest we bring to the fair?
MizMorton

Re: How many resumes should I bring?

Post by MizMorton »

Blergh-- sorry, I found the answer to my own question. 25-30. Tried to delete the topic, couldn't. Ehh.
Heimtun

Post by Heimtun »

I think it really depends in what subject you teach--with an art specialty, there were 21 jobs posted at the fair, and only 4 we knew of ahead of time that we compatible with what they/we were looking for. We brought 15 resumes, and had plenty left over. I so made copies of transcripts, passports, teaching license, and had evidence showing we got fingerprinted...but no one asked us for any of it, even when we got an offer. HR is contacting us in a few weeks, so maybe that's when it will come into play?
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Id bring 25, you can always print there, on site the extra documents if anyone requests.

In the future if you want to delete a message, edit the message, remove all the text and insert the phrase 'deleted'.
klooste

Post by klooste »

I'm going to bring 50. With ten of them stapled in the right corner (might impress a left handed recruiter) =D

All about presenting yourself, right? Don't forget to dress to impress (but we should already be doing that everyday, as professionals, right)?
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

Print double sided and you dont need a staple and use half the paper.
jessicarv

Post by jessicarv »

Heimtun wrote:
> I think it really depends in what subject you teach--with an art specialty,
> there were 21 jobs posted at the fair, and only 4 we knew of ahead of time
> that we compatible with what they/we were looking for. We brought 15
> resumes(https://resumezing.com/), and had plenty left over. I so made copies of transcripts,
> passports, teaching license, and had evidence showing we got
> fingerprinted...but no one asked us for any of it, even when we got an
> offer. HR is contacting us in a few weeks, so maybe that's when it will
> come into play?

Just an update on this. I've handed in about 15 CV's to schools and am also networking with a couple of guys who are handing my info into their contacts. In 2 weeks i have heard zilch so far. Not one phone call. I know things work a bit slower here but i thought i would have at least 1 interview lined up by now. I'm not being choosy either. I'll happily work for 700 a month or even less right now just to get my foot in the door. I'm going to do another school run on Monday morning. Have around 7 or 8 schools picked out. Will see what happens. If i don't get a job within the next 2 weeks then i will probably have to head back home. Its a shame. I was hoping to last 6 months to a year out here but can't see it happening the way things are going.
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

jessicarv wrote:
>> Just an update on this. I've handed in about 15 CV's to schools and am also networking
> with a couple of guys who are handing my info into their contacts. In 2 weeks i
> have heard zilch so far. Not one phone call. I know things work a bit slower here
> but i thought i would have at least 1 interview lined up by now. I'm not being choosy
> either. I'll happily work for 700 a month or even less right now just to get my
> foot in the door. I'm going to do another school run on Monday morning. Have around
> 7 or 8 schools picked out. Will see what happens. If i don't get a job within the
> next 2 weeks then i will probably have to head back home. Its a shame. I was hoping
> to last 6 months to a year out here but can't see it happening the way things are
> going.
==================================
Umm. Maybe I am missing something. Where are you located/applying?
PsyGuy

Inquiry

Post by PsyGuy »

@jessicarv

I to am lacking a frame of reference from which to base a response?