Dress for Cambridge Fair

Tibman

Dress for Cambridge Fair

Post by Tibman »

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to international teaching, and Cambridge will be my first job fair. I am an educator with many years experience, all of it state-side.

Hoping some of you experienced job fair attendees can answer a question. I am a male, and have seen dress advice for the interview sign-ups and interviews themselves ranging from "coat and tie" to "suit."

I had planned to wear a (new) navy blazer with gray dress pants, dress shirt and tie, but am wondering now if I should bring a suit instead?

Thanks to all for any advice!
Micky

Re: Dress for Cambridge Fair

Post by Micky »

I attended the Melbourne fair and wore a full suit and tie upon the advice of the Search rep. That said, I am guessing less than 25% of the male candidates did this. All wore suit pants and dress shirts though. I came back feeling it wasn't a big deal as long as you look presentable and of course well groomed.
Tibman

Post by Tibman »

Thanks for the real-life experience. Based on your observation, I think I'll plan on the navy blazer but bring the suit, just in case. I'm driving, so packing isn't a problem. Thanks!
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I dressed business formal. Others didn't. Some got jobs. Others didn't. I just grew up around teachers who dressed formally and find I enjoy carrying on the tradition.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

You will be fine with business formal attire, jacket, slacks, button down shirt and tie. Dont go weird with the tie, no cartoons, a classic color/pattern. Lastly, dont forget dress shoes a matching pair of black wingtips is preferred.