St. Gilgen International School

sjreed

St. Gilgen International School

Post by sjreed »

Does anyone know anything about this school? Looking at the website, it looks like my dream everything! A great academic philosophy, an awesome community, a great place....!! I would LOVE to work there, so if anyone has any insights I would be most appreciative. Thanks!!
IAMBOG

Re: St. Gilgen International School

Post by IAMBOG »

I don't know about the school, but St. Gilgen is lovely.
tommypizza

Post by tommypizza »

If you like living and working in a "fishbowl", then go for it. I've visited the school and St. Gilgen is lovely BUT its a boarding school in a very small village. Takes a special kind of person to be comfortable there.
reisgio

Post by reisgio »

It's amazingly beautiful and near Salzburg of Sound of Music fame. I expect the school will become more and more popular in the years ahead because of these facts alone, though I think their programming and facilities are quite nice too.
sjreed

Post by sjreed »

tommypizza wrote:
> If you like living and working in a "fishbowl", then go for it.
> I've visited the school and St. Gilgen is lovely BUT its a boarding school
> in a very small village. Takes a special kind of person to be comfortable
> there.

I'm actually kind of fond of this particular "fishbowl!" The last time I worked in a similar "fishbowl" (boarding school in the mountains), I absolutely LOVED it and can actually think of no better situation for me!! And looking at the info about the other staff, I just can't help but keep thinking how similar they are to me and how great it would be to be surrounded by people like that all the time! I sent in an application and now it's just waiting to see if I get a call back. Happy thoughts/ good karma appreciated! :-D
bananas

Post by bananas »

That would be my dream job!
MizMorton

Post by MizMorton »

Wow! I hope they see the same great match in you-- good luck!!
sjreed

Post by sjreed »

MizMorton wrote:
> Wow! I hope they see the same great match in you-- good luck!!

Thanks so much! Me too!! They're supposed to start interviews next week and I haven't heard back so I'm starting to get nervous but trying to stay positive :-/