Sent wrong application!

bananas

Sent wrong application!

Post by bananas »

So I just realized that I've applied to about 4 jobs using an outdated resume that doesn't reflect my recent IB experience! What should I do? Should I completely re-apply with a new application package (they were all online applications), or should I try to track down a specific person to email and let know? Or should I just leave it as is an hope my pre-IB experience (6 years) is enough?
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Sent wrong application!

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

Ouch! But these things happen. I would resend the new one with an explanation, especially if you were applying to IB schools. I guess I would send it to whomever you sent the old one to.

Who knows, maybe this will end up getting you noticed and lead to something positive. Good luck!
martalin

Post by martalin »

I cannot think of any reason that you would not forward the updated resume. To the HR director, perhaps? They would at least be able to tell you how to handle the situation.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Thank you for the advice... I'm going to see if I can find the HR information and get in touch with someone tomorrow. Now just how to word it so it doesn't seem like a "mistake!"
profe

Post by profe »

It's not the end of the world. We are only human and any school that would rule you out because of this is probably a school that you don't want to work for anyway.

At least it's not as bad as sending a cover letter addressed to the wrong person/school, which I did once (that I am aware of!) and has probably happened to a few people in this forum.

Good luck!
Dredge

Post by Dredge »

As a person who hires teachers, this would not be a problem at all. Just send the new one.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Dredge wrote:
> As a person who hires teachers, this would not be a problem at all. Just
> send the new one.

Thanks Dredge! This is just what I needed to hear :-)