Politely saying no to schools that contact you?

megb0238

Politely saying no to schools that contact you?

Post by megb0238 »

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about schools that contact you in which you have no interest? I am flattered, of course, but I am positive these are schools in which I have no interest. Anyone have suggestions for polite and gracious ways to tell them no?
Schmedz

Re: Politely saying no to schools that contact you?

Post by Schmedz »

Be honest. Thank them for approaching you, comment on the positive features of their school but say that you are interested in living elsewhere/interviewing for another post or whatever your reasons are.

If it is just because you feel they are a rubbish school, perhaps a polite ' thanks, but no thanks' might suffice!
sciteach

Post by sciteach »

I've had to deal with this a little.

Just thank the school and state that you are not currently looking for a position in "insert countries name" at present.

Being polite but direct is my best advice - but others may know more than I...
jessiejames

Post by jessiejames »

That's all I would write as well, sciteach. Maybe I'm sceptical but for all I know they are firing off e-mails / leaving notes for every teacher from A-Z. I have a friend who once approached a recruiter at a fair to tell them in person and they were very unimpressed he was taking their time to tell them he didn't want to work for them.