Questions asked by admin during interview

number11

Questions asked by admin during interview

Post by number11 »

Hi. I'm just preparing for a fair next week and I'd love to hear some the of the questions people have been asked lately. TIA.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

1) Most interviews will start with a question summarizing your resume, and will build from there with a few expanding question.
2) Youll get a question about your teaching strategy which is the time to indicate that you are familiar with their curriculum (research their curriculum).
3) How do you work with parents and others (teachers).
4) About this time youll get a question referring to how well you adapt to new situations and changes.
5) Lastly, a question about your outside activities and hobbies. At this time youll get a question about your spouse and children.
6) If there is any time left youll have an opportunity to ask a few question probably only two. They should be specific to the school and the job.
SuzieQ

Re: Questions asked by admin during interview

Post by SuzieQ »

Good list, psyguy!

Other frequent questions I have experienced are along the lines of

-Describe how you managed a major change in your school / how would you do things differently

-Describe a project you managed (budget / timeline / outcome)

-Scenario style questions around case studies (SEN students / assessment disagreements / managing a staff problem)

You will be the expert in the context!
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@SuzieQ

I have only gotten an SEN/LS question twice, the vast majority of ISs either run Sp.Ed lite or dont run it at all.