Recruitment Fair in Shanghai Soon. Details appreciated!

toteach

Recruitment Fair in Shanghai Soon. Details appreciated!

Post by toteach »

The administration of my current school is going to a Recruitment Fair in Shanghai soon (January 2015), but they're keeping it rather close to their chest--maybe because if the teachers here know about it we'll skip school that day to attend?

So can anyone share more about it? I've tried a few basic searches, but nothing is coming up.
shadowjack

Re: Recruitment Fair in Shanghai Soon. Details appreciated!

Post by shadowjack »

Are you sure it isn't the HK fair? Not heard of a Shanghai fair...

shad
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

Hmm, I'd be interested to hear about Shanghai recruitment fairs, given my current location. Let us know if you find anything out.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

CRS education. They are running a fair in Shanghai around this time of the year.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Here is a link:

http://www.crs-edu.com/

Seems to me it will be largely tier 2 and 3 schools that might have trouble attracting candidates otherwise, or who might want a cheaper made in China option :-)
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

The closest IS fair is the SA HK fair, and its nothing more than a swap meet of teachers and schools already in HK (and parts of China).

Your fair is basically a third tier fair for local private/independent Chinese schools. There is no shortage of boutique recruiting agencies that handle local educational recruitment.