N. American Job Fairs Coming Up

porter1

N. American Job Fairs Coming Up

Post by porter1 »

What job fairs in N. America, particularly the N. East, Mid-West are still available, haven't had deadlines pass? Which are better for new grads? Thanks a bunch!
heyteach

Re: N. American Job Fairs Coming Up

Post by heyteach »

The best job fair for you is the one that has the schools you are interested in, and those schools have openings you are qualified for. It's no good to go to the "best" fair if there are no openings for you.

Haven't checked deadlines, but UNI might still be available? It's a smaller fair but I found the recruiters hiring, not just fishing.
porter1

Post by porter1 »

I teach science and I am a new grad. I'm already signed up for the Queens Fair. I heard the Atlanta Fair is mostly S. America. Anyone comment on the Iowa or Boston fair? How can one tell what schools are in need of science and are more open to new grads?
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

From reading plenty of discussion over the years, and participating in the UNI fair myself, I believe both the Queens and UNI fairs are fairly open to noobs.

The way you find out which ones have science openings at a given fair is to sign up, then you get access to their databases, openings, experience requirements.

You can always check school websites and Tieonline(for a small fee, which is worth it, especially for a new teacher) for openings too.
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

The BOS fair is the only real fair in the States if you have the 2 years entry level experience. UNI if your a noob, everything else is the short bus.