India

Yo Teach'

India

Post by Yo Teach' »

Last edited by Yo Teach' on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
vandsmith

Re: Chennai, India

Post by vandsmith »

i worked with a number of teachers who went there and they all seem to really like it.
i can't speak to the fica question, and although there are def. problems, it's one of the few
schools in india i would consider.

v.
Yo Teach'

Post by Yo Teach' »

Last edited by Yo Teach' on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

my bad.
i meant india as a whole, and as a generalization.
the former colleagues that now work there report little to no problems that plague other parts of the country.

v.
curiousme

Post by curiousme »

Which problems exactly?
Flyingpigs

Post by Flyingpigs »

Hiya
It's great that you want to do your research, Yo Teach, before you make a commitment. Good for you. I would highly recommend going to India before applying to a school there, or accepting a position. I think thats a good idea for anyone contemplating signing on the dotted line, but India is more intense then say Italy...hahahahahaha. :)
India can be absolutely amazing and it can be absolutely disgusting all in a matter of a heartbeat.
I love and hate it at the same time.
However, working in an international school is different then backpacking around--you will be supported and presumably have school supports. In addition, you can hide in the dorm and never venture out, or you can embrace the experience...The choice will be yours.
L
Crgallen22

Re: India

Post by Crgallen22 »

India is definitely not for everybody and you should definitely do your research. The Chennai, Bombay, and Delhi schools are good and will take care of you, but India can still wear you down. I have embraced India and am enjoying it for the most part. My school takes really good care of me, but there are definitely "not loving India" days. Good luck on your job hunt!