Dulwich College Shanghai

kaccomaz

Dulwich College Shanghai

Post by kaccomaz »

I am very interested in this school. The reviews on the paid side look pretty rough. I was offered a job and I have a few days to decide. Can anyone shed some light on the recent working environment, life in Shanghai and anything else you may find relevant. Thanks so much for the replies, I could really use the advice.
Nomads

Re: Dulwich College Shanghai

Post by Nomads »

Never worked there, but did review teacher contract at the request of a teacher who was offered a position there. Lived in Shanghai and visited their campus often for events.

It is a for profit school. The compensation package is fine, but not great. You can save something depending upon how you live. Housing in that part of the city is expensive, so you may have a bit of a commute. Aside from the large fields, the facilities are pretty basic and not to the caliber of some of the other schools in the city.

Having said that, Shanghai is a great city and the school is in a cool part. The pollution is real and you have decide how much you want to tolerate.

Good luck with your decision.
migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

I know several people who currently worked or have previously worked at the school. All seem to have had a great experience, and often extend contracts.
curiousme

Post by curiousme »

What's location like given the pollution? Better or worse than other areas of the city or is it all the same?
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

Dulwich Shanghai is OK. It is 2nd tier for Shanghai. It's also in a nice location. If you are healthy, pollution shouldn't be too much of a problem. You could do better, but you could also do a lot worse.