Shanghai Singapore International School

esn19

Shanghai Singapore International School

Post by esn19 »

Anyone have any thoughts on this school? It doesn't have very good reviews on this website, but it seems like 90% of the schools out there don't...
wntriscoming

Re: Shanghai Singapore International School

Post by wntriscoming »

Lived in Shanghai for years. Never heard of this one. I don't think it plays sports with or interacts with the schools in Shanghai that I've heard of (BISS, SAS, Concordia, Dulwich, SCIS, YCIS, SCIS, WISS). That would be a big thing to consider along with the negative reviews.
gccoach

Post by gccoach »

SSIS does participate in both the CISSA (Jr. High) and SISAC (HS) Sports leagues in Shanghai. I coach basketball at one of the schools listed in the previous post and will travel there to a game next week. They have two campuses in Shanghai. The Main campus in in Minhang near SAS and BISS. The Minhang campus has great sports facilities - a huge gym that can be divided into 3 or 4 sections, a full track and soccer field, and even have a chipping and putting green. The Xuhui campus is much smaller - I have only seen the soccer field. I really can't give much information about how it is to work there but have seen the campus.
wntriscoming

Post by wntriscoming »

Ok, good to know. Thanks for your correction.