Nido de Aguilas in Santiago

reisgio

Nido de Aguilas in Santiago

Post by reisgio »

I am really impressed with Nido de Aguilas' compensation package both in terms of salary and housing, etc. Is this because the pollution there is so bad that it is having a hard time attracting recruits? I feel like there must be a catch since I can't seem to find anything else that would call for such a package, especially in comparison to other SA schools.
UnCloudy

Re: Nido de Aguilas in Santiago

Post by UnCloudy »

Deleted. Best wishes!
Last edited by UnCloudy on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reisgio

Post by reisgio »

Yes, but in Venezuela you have to deal with a communist dictatorship and in Brazil you have so many issues with crime, red tape, etc. Nido seems to have better benefits than both and neither of the issues mentioned in the previous sentence. I have to believe it's just better funded or trying to overcome something.
gibwise

Post by gibwise »

NIdo is also really picky about who they hire. Wouldn't interview me as a physics teacher with IB experience and 4 years internationally - Because "we don't understand your qualification". I have a BSC and a PGCE.....

Theirs was easily the longest line at the Job fair and they didn't seem to offer anyone an interview beforehand.
happyteacher

Post by happyteacher »

Nido beefed up the packaged several years back, and it is very competitive. Lifestyle in Santiago is fantastic. Teachers who want to take advantage of the big city live close to the action, walk to restaurants and bars, use the metro, etc. The more outdoorsy folks live closer to school in the 'burbs or the mountains. They hike, bike, and take advantage of the surrounding environments. There's something for everyone.

While the air quality gets pretty lousy in the winter time, most of the year I find it acceptable. I'm loving the city and country. People live well, and travel lots in Chile and the rest of South America.

The school is highly sought, and they are very selective as a result.
sciteach

Post by sciteach »

Last year, I tried to get an interview with this school at one of the major fairs. It was easily the longest line at the fair and there were many other so called Tier 1 schools at the fair. As such - if you get an interview or a position I'd personally think very carefully about accepting the position (for a good reason).

I don't like to say it - but many teachers do make decisions on where to work based on $$$$. This school has realised this to some degree (along with the school being in a desireable location) and can cherry pick staff to their hearts content as a result.