European Int'l School HCMC Vietnam?

KellyGuy

European Int'l School HCMC Vietnam?

Post by KellyGuy »

I haven't found anything online other than one parent review of this school. They seem to be looking to fill an immediate opening for a maths/physics teacher (which I am). Of course the concern there is that if they have the opening, then someone just broke contract to get away from the school. But I'd like to get more information if any one here knows about it.
pairadocs

Re: European Int'l School HCMC Vietnam?

Post by pairadocs »

The post has surfaced now due to the recent passing of the former teacher. Very unfortunate circumstances. Last I spoke to him he was pretty happy with the job and the conditions.
KellyGuy

Post by KellyGuy »

Wow. That's awful. What a terrible thing for his family, and his students too. Thanks for the reply.
pairadocs

Post by pairadocs »

Yes, sad loss. He was excellent. Should you be interested, the school is small, and there are a good bunch of experienced IBO teachers (many former ISHCMC staff).
KellyGuy

Post by KellyGuy »

It does sound good, but I'm not going to break contract with the private school I am teaching at in California, to go to Vietnam. I also have no IB experience at all.

I'll go ahead and apply in case they want to have my name for next year (in case they can't fill it this year).