Qsi Shekou housing allowance

Jessicanelson27

Qsi Shekou housing allowance

Post by Jessicanelson27 »

Hello - can anyone tell me the current housing allowance for qsi in Shekou? I have lived in shenzhen before and been back in the USA for two years so I wanted to see what the current rent looks like along with the housing allowance.
National

Re: Qsi Shekou housing allowance

Post by National »

QSI doesn't give a housing allowance. They provide housing of their choice. Depending on who the director is, you might be able to find your own place and have the school secure it for you, but most schools have moved away from this...With QSI you can plan on your housing being covered, but you cannot assume anything about the quality of said housing. Some locations have huge disparities in the quality of the housing. I can't speak for Shekou specifically, however.
Autumn

Post by Autumn »

I work at QSI Shekou. The previous post is accurate on all accounts. To add, teachers have recently been allowed to pay in to their housing allowance to get a nicer place all though you must put in 2 years first before you can request a move.
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

Are they moving their campus soon? Someone had told me they were moving out of Shekou.
Jessicanelson27

Post by Jessicanelson27 »

Autumn- would you mind emailing me so that I can ask you a few specifics on Shekou? If you don't mind - my email is jessicanelson27@gmail.com

Thanks so much for all the replies everyone.