Getting a job abroad

creative123

Getting a job abroad

Post by creative123 »

Hello
I am new to this forum and really would love to get a job in an international school abroad. I have been teaching for fourteen years and have two children and a husband. Am I honestly going to struggle getting jobs because I am an expensive package? what is the best route-apply direct to schools or a recruitment agency? Help!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Micky

Re: Getting a job abroad

Post by Micky »

Try QSI they have no problems with dependents but you may end up in the armpit of the world for the first few years, until you can apply for a transfer to a better location.
cjrv12

Post by cjrv12 »

Another helpful post echoed what we have been told by Search Associates, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4424&hilit=married. I teach high school science and have two kids ages 4 and 7, and a non-teaching spouse and Search Assoc. denied our application based on dependents alone. ISS accepted it, but requires a partner statement and also cautioned about expectations for interviews. We have basically been told over and over that it is very difficult, if not nearly impossible, these days to get a position teaching with a spouse and two kids. What is your field? We're applying this year anyway to test our chances using ISS and Tieonline job alerts, and applying directly. Best of luck!
cjrv12

Post by cjrv12 »

And this string may also be helpful:
http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... ied#p30826