International School Bangkok

Schmedz

International School Bangkok

Post by Schmedz »

There don't seem to be any recent reviews on ISR - does anyone have any current feedback on this school?
fine dude

Re: International School Bangkok

Post by fine dude »

Darn good school, pretty hard to get into, though. However, the latest review sounds like that there is not much collaboration and sharing among teachers.The pay and benefits are probably the best, but you will work VERY hard.
runningsloth

Post by runningsloth »

Great package, probably one of the best in the world for a location not in the middle of Saudi. Had friends move there this year after only 2 years teaching in international schools so I wouldn't say it is unattainable. They are not in overly high demand areas but are a teaching couple.
Schmedz

Post by Schmedz »

Looking at the website it really seems to be an American school in Thailand - how international is the curriculum really?

Also, I know you can't really judge the quality of the educational experience from the presentation of the website, but it does seem quite dated and basic for such an apparently prestigious school...

Would be great to hear from current teachers...and not just about the pay/benefits... No high salary is worth working in a place where staff are not treated well or don't enjoy their work.
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

I wouldn't necessarily put too much stock in a website. I know schools with flashy websites that have much lower standards of education. On a side note, I really like JIS's website.

I have friends there. They say that edu-wise, it's not the best of the IASIS schools, but good nonetheless. The MS is having some trouble with teamwork and collaboration. I've heard that a bit of housecleaning is taking place. No school is perfect. If the OP gets an offer, it would be a good idea to take it.

On a positive note, the package is strong, but I wouldn't say its as strong as an earlier poster stated. For many, living in Thailand is as good as it gets- low pollution, great food, friendly and easy-going locals, cheap prices, nice airport, etc.

This year, ISB has already hired for some of next years spots. It's the kind of school that gets 100s of applications for each opening.