Top 10 Board Governed Overseas Schools

akhan

Top 10 Board Governed Overseas Schools

Post by akhan »

I have been having great difficulty locating which schools are "board governed" and "not for profit". When I first went overseas (decades ago) the majority of the schools were looking at educational research to make decisions rather than cutting corners to make a profit. So this is my question ...In your neck of the woods or in your experience overseas which schools have stood out as best educational institutes for the students they teach? This will help me understand which schools to apply for because the answer to this question seems to be a well kept secret by the job-search agencies that I have contracted.
Nomads

Re: Top 10 Board Governed Overseas Schools

Post by Nomads »

There are so many quality (non-profit) international schools. It is hard to give you a top ten list for the world. Largely, because it depends upon what criteria you would use to determine a great school, student exam scores, most innovative, best technology. If you narrow the geography a bit, I could give some names.

One way to narrow your search for non-profit schools would be to check out the list of schools that are sponsored by the State Department’s Office of Overseas Schools. http://www.state.gov/m/a/os/c1684.htm

While I cannot guarantee they are all non-profit, in my experience, the vast majority of them are.
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

I was going to post the same link as Nomad. Great answer.
akhan

Post by akhan »

Thank you so much. Answers on this website are exactly what I was looking for.