Ebola

Yo Teach'

Ebola

Post by Yo Teach' »

Last edited by Yo Teach' on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadowjack

Re: Ebola

Post by shadowjack »

Do your homework..If you apply for a job in South Africa and start talking about ebola, you are likely scuppering your job chances. Ebola is prevalent in West Africa - where it is moist, where many people live in proximity, where the . is around.

Ebola . is not native to South Africa and at this point there are no reported cases there. South Africa has a semi-tropical climate, is not as moist as West Africa, and people tend to be more spread out.

If I wanted to work in SA I would apply. I would not mention ebola, any more than I would for a job in Spain or the US (which are the two non-West African countries to recently have ebola there (brought from people returning from (you guessed it!) West Africa.

just my two falous.

Shad
Nomads

Re: Ebola

Post by Nomads »

I would also be careful about painting all of West Africa with the same brush like many in the US media have done. The tragedy of Ebola in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea has more to do with the poor medical infrastructure and the inability of the government than the disease. Nigeria and Senegal showed that it is possible to contain the spread of the . and limit the damage. In many West African countries, life goes on as normal and the international school enrollment is actually increasing in a number of areas.

Do your research about perspective schools and, if the conversations with the West African schools reach a serious level, do not be hesitant to ask about the medical infrastructure of the country and the school’s contingency plans.